About the Company
Established in 2017, Infinite Orbits is a NewSpace company, based in Toulouse, pushing the boundaries of in-orbit services with cutting-edge spacecraft driven by its own Rendez-Vous solution, an advanced Autonomous Vision-Based Navigation Solution.
-"Orbit Guard" is a nanosatellite capable of monitoring objects from GEO orbit. Our first was launched on 1 May 2023!
-"Endurance" is a docking service capable of keeping customer satellites in position for an extended lifetime of 5 years, paving the way for future in-orbit maintenance services.
About the Role
To complete our dynamic and international team, we are looking for a profile of an experienced Mechanical Engineer !
How you will help us:
● Develop concepts and mechanical layouts for new satellite missions in collaboration with internal and external teams.
● Work closely with the CTO and the Product Owner to finalize design trade-offs for new products.
● Design and develop 3D parts and assemblies (for both ground and space segments), along with their manufacturing drawings and processes.
● Take ownership, produce and maintain detailed CAD models and their derived PDM systems.
● Lead the maturation of existing products through the spacecraft's life-cycle by identifying and planning the activities, analysis, and simulations to be performed.
● Produce and maintain project documentation: Assembly-Integration flow charts, CIDLs, mechanical SoW, ICDs, etc.
● Perform Static and Dynamic Modeling of hardware using FEA tools to ensure survivability for launch loads.
● Support Thermal Analysis and Characterization of hardware, including upgrading the simulation procedures in place.
● Support Testing and Verification efforts.
● You may also be required to contact potential suppliers and oversee subcontracted activities.
● Apply the right standards to ensure safety and reliability of the mission while keeping a NewSpace approach.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent higher qualification.
8+ years of relevant working experience in the Mechanical/Product design field.
Strong experience in product development processes from concept creation through to production.
Strong experience in using 3D CAD systems (Preferably CATIA and Onshape). Knowledgeable in manufacturing processes (in particular machining, composites work, welding and rapid prototyping).
Experience in producing and maintaining FEA modeling and stress analysis.
Have a good understanding of concepts such as forced vibration and heat transfer (esp. radiative).
Pro-activeness and ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
Excellent communication skills.
We value team spirit and problem-solving.
Good to have:
Master’s degree in a related field.
Experience in the development of spacecraft design.
Knowledge in space standards (e.g. ECSS-E-HB-32-20, ECSS-E-ST-10-02/03, etc.)
Experience with deployable mechanisms, solar panels, thrusters, cameras, antennas, and other S/C components.
Ability to process and manage thermal analysis for mid-size satellites.
Coding abilities in C and Matlab, and knowledge of git.
French Language is a plus.